ECC Webinar: Pay Parity: Major Announcement – What All Education & Care Services Need To Know | 13 Sep 2023
By registering for this webinar you are purchasing the latest version of the ECC Pay Parity Calculator, which includes the funding rates and salary scales for Base Funding, Pay Parity, Extended Pay Parity and Full Parity from November 2023. The webinar recording provides a demonstration of how to use the calculator,
The funding rates and salary scales are subject to change at any time from the Ministry of Education, ECC will update our calculator as required.
Join Simon Laube (ECC CEO) and Lonnie Parker (ECC Treasurer and management consultant) for the next, must-see, webinar for owners and managers considering Pay Parity.
On 1 November 2023, a new Pay Parity policy begins – called Full Parity. It is essential for centres’ ongoing financial sustainability that they consider opting-in very carefully. It is not disputed by the Ministry of Education that there is a funding gap between the increased salary costs some employers will face and the ECE funding that accompanies pay parity. It is essential your centre is on the best-possible funding rates, based on your priority to be able to pay your teachers at the highest possible Pay Parity steps. However, if you choose the wrong policy you could put your service’s survival at risk, and this is not something teachers want either.
In this session we will:
- Cover what the new salary scale is and accompanying funding rates and how these compare overall.
- Share analysis of where all Education & Care services are at currently in terms of pay parity.
- Provide a recommended option that ECC assesses would suit the majority of centres (but this does not change our advice that you each need to complete your own calculations prior to opting-in to any of the Pay Parity regimes).
- Share our advice on where we expect things to go with the agreement of the Secondary Teachers’ collective and the collective-based flow-on requirements, and what the implications are for Education & Care services.
Cost (prices excl GST):
- $50 for ECC Members
- $350 for Non Members
- ECC provides information, general advice and tools but the decision to opt-in rests with owners. Financial advice is also recommended. Rubiix Accountants, ECC’s preferred supplier, is recommended for financial advice. Members can receive up tp 15 minutes free advice through the Financial Advice Helpline.
- If you register for the webinar, you will receive a copy of the new Full Parity ECC Calculator (Version 7). The calculator (webinar recording included) will be available for purchase from ECC’s shop at the same price as tbe webinar.
- The existing ECC Pay Parity Calculator (updated for EPP Version 6) remains valid until Nov 2023 for centres considering EPP. If updates are required to the new calculator then those who purchased it will get them. This webinar is heavily discounted due to ECC’s commitment to the ECE sector. Even non-members are receiving a discounted price because ECC considers pay parity a major threat to the survival of Education & Care services in New Zealand, so we want you all to be well informed.