Running a Legally Sound Employment Disciplinary Process (Online Workshop)
Managing concerns relating to an employee’s conduct or behaviour within the workplace can be both complex and challenging. Identifying and managing these issues effectively is key to mitigating any potential risks to your centre. This interactive workshop will give you the confidence and base knowledge to manage disciplinary processes going forward.
This workshop will cover:
- When it is appropriate to undertake a disciplinary process into an employee’s conduct or behaviour
- When it is appropriate to suspend an employee and the process employers need to follow
- The disciplinary process employers need to follow, including, investigations, disciplinary meetings
- How to determine the appropriate outcome of a disciplinary process
- Key legislations -Employment Relations Act 2000, Health and Safety at Work Act, Privacy Act 2020
Facilitator: Caro Rieger, Director of Black Door Law
This workshop will be recorded and made available for a limited time after the event.
About Caro Rieger:
Caro is the Founder/Director and Principal Lawyer of Black Door Law, she has extensive experience partnering with employers to achieve their business and people goals and is a trusted advisor to boards and executives in private and public organisations. Caro regularly assists school boards and early childhood providers and other organisations where professional disciplinary matters may arise. She has a unique understanding of the challenges faced by these organisations and the regulatory frameworks they work within.
Black Door Law is ECC’s preferred supplier for employment law advice. Black Door Law operates the ECC helpline, providing ECC members with specialist knowledge and a full range of advice on employment issues that face Early Childhood Education centres.
- $99 for ECC Members
- $199 for non-members
- The link to join the workshop will be sent out 1 business day prior to the workshop. Please check your spam and junk folders
- The ECC reserves the right to cancel workshops a week prior to the scheduled date if there are insufficient registration numbers
- There will be a 10% administration fee for any cancellation
- There will be no refunds on cancellations made within 24 hours of the workshop
For any further enquiries about this workshop or others, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org