ECE Employer Essentials Webinar #4: Qualification/Salary Assessments: Getting it right the first time
Making the decision for your centre to opt in is a complex process, which involves completing salary assessments for all certificated teachers amongst your staff. The Pay Parity salary assessment process is made more difficult when adding overseas teachers to the mix, and obligations under the Accredited Employer Work Visa Scheme.
This webinar focuses on the qualification accreditation process and what employers need to know about the process. We will explain the NZQA qualification assessments and how employers can apply these to make their Pay Parity salary assessments.
We will cover:
- The most common errors we see in in the assessments
- How to work with NZQA assessments of overseas qualifications and align these with the Funding Handbook Qualification Groups for Pay Parity recognise
- How to use the Pay Parity salary progression deferral rule and what you must do before considering it
ECC will also touch briefly on the results of our Wages and Salaries Survey 2023, and how Pay Parity has affected the remuneration teachers receive, as well as the impact on other centre staff wages.
You will have the opportunity to present questions to our panel.
This webinar will be facilitated by Simon Laube, ECC.
- Cost: $40 for ECC Members; $120 for non members (GST exclusive).
- All registrations are processed through Humanitix.
- All registrants will receive a copy of the recording and presentation slides.
- The link to join the webinar will be sent 24 hours before the start of the webinar, and once again at midday on the day of the webinar. Please check your junk and spam folders.
- Your computer must have a reliable internet connection.
- We recommend good quality external speakers.