HERE TO HELP
Buddle Findlay is one of New Zealand's leading commercial law firms with offices in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.
Our national employment team's focus is on helping our clients achieve what they want, based on a clear understanding of their risks and shared decision-making on strategy. We take into account not only the legal risks, but the various other risks and aims that go hand-in-hand with employment issues. We also recognise that employment relationship problems often move very quickly. We are accessible and respond accordingly. We are also proactive in keeping our clients up to date.
The team advises on the full range of employment issues, including:
- Proper procedures for hiring and dismissing employees, performance management and misconduct investigations
- Negotiating, drafting and updating employment agreements, policies and contracts for services
- Collective bargaining and industrial relations
- Restructuring and transfers of business
- Discrimination and harassment
- Disability, stress and other medical issues
- Holidays, leave and other minimum entitlements
- Remuneration and superannuation, including KiwiSaver
- Health and safety systems, obligations, investigations and prosecutions
- Privacy, confidential information and restraints of trade
- The avoidance and resolution of personal grievances and other employment disputes.
Together with the Early Childhood Council, Buddle Findlay runs the "ECC-Buddle Findlay Employers’ Advice Line" for centre owners and managers, to assist with employment related queries or concerns. Early Childhood Council members can access up to 15 minutes advice over the phone, at no cost to the centre. The lawyers answering the calls are all qualified and experienced employment lawyers. If you have an issue that requires a greater level of assistance, we are happy to help or to refer you to other advisers.
To access the Help Line:
Call the Early Childhood Council on 0800 742 742, option 4.
To subscribe to our employment law legal updates please click here.
For further information about Buddle Findlay, please visit our website.