ECE centres tired of waiting for funding review, release their own draft Terms Of Reference
The Early Childhood Council today released draft Terms of Reference for a full Early Childhood Education funding review.
“We’ve asked for our broken ECE funding model to be fixed for some time. This is an important conversation for our whole sector – we hope sharing these Terms will kick start it,” said ECC CEO Peter Reynolds.
The draft Terms of Reference aims to deliver participation and transparency in the New Zealand ECE funding system, by:
- Supporting participation
- Improving learning outcomes
- Being transparent for families
- Being fair for the provider sector
With the sector and the Ministry of Education working together, completing the proposed funding review will:
- Provide clarity and simplicity
- Present options to share resources more fairly across a diverse sector
- Provide greater accountability for public investment
Copies of the terms of reference have been sent to the Minister of Education and education spokespeople for all major parties.
“This is about how we invest in ECE, not how much. It’s important parents, teachers and providers can see a way forward that’s fair for everyone,” said Mr Reynolds.