Child Protection in ECE Workshop (North Auckland)
Child Protection in ECE (2hours)
The Child Protection in ECE workshop is a 2 hour session, packed with information regarding legal requirements that are designed to ensure the safety and wellbeing of children.
The Children’s Act 2014 is a significant piece of legislation but it takes people who work with children to know what must be in place and what needs to be done. What are the key safety structures in the ECE context and what do teachers need to know? This workshop explains the protective system that needs to be in place and links it to teachers’ work and the learning environment.
Teachers will learn about
- why child protection policies and procedures are instrumental,
- how to define abuse, and
- discuss practical steps to take in various situations.
Facilitator: Katina Beauchamp
- 2 hour workshop
- Each workshop costs: $65+GST (ECC members), $75+GST (non members)
- The ECC reserves the right to cancel workshops a week prior to the scheduled date if there are insufficient registration number
- There will be a 10% administration fee for any cancellation
- No refunds with cancellations within 24 hours of workshop
- Parking: There is no free parking onsite. ECC does not take responsibility to provide parking for attendees. Please check google maps for parking nearby.
- The ECC may, on occasion, have to cancel or reschedule a workshop due to adverse weather, low registration numbers or other factors.
We will endeavour to provide as much advance notice of a change as is possible, but we cannot accept responsibility for staff time, backfilling positions, or travel associated expenses to/from the venue.
Your area not listed? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org now to discuss how we can get a workshop to you in your region.