Transition and Continuity of Learning in ECE (Dunedin)
There is ample evidence that children benefit greatly from effective transitions. Teachers who use a reflective approach, with intentional, thought-out processes are in a position to provide valuable support to children and their families.
This workshop offers a forum for teachers to consider support strategies in keeping with the intent of Te Whāriki for –
- Infants, toddlers and young children, and in particular for
- Children who are disadvantaged or have diverse needs
The focus of the discussion is on intentional, reflective practice that takes children’s and parents’ perspectives into account. This workshop will provide research-based information regarding desirable key conditions and strategies for transitions and continuity within ECE.
Please bring along your copy of Te Whāriki.
Facilitator: Katina Beauchamp
- 2 hour workshop
- Each workshop costs: $65+GST (ECC members), $75+GST (non members)
- The ECC reserves the right to cancel workshops a week prior to the scheduled date if there are insufficient registration number
- There will be a 10% administration fee for any cancellation
- No refunds with cancellations within 24 hours of workshop
- Parking: There is no free parking onsite. ECC does not take responsibility to provide parking for attendees. Please check google maps for parking nearby.
- The ECC may, on occasion, have to cancel or reschedule a workshop due to adverse weather, low registration numbers or other factors.
We will endeavour to provide as much advance notice of a change as is possible, but we cannot accept responsibility for staff time, backfilling positions, or travel associated expenses to/from the venue.
Your area not listed? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org now to discuss how we can get a workshop to you in your region.