Physical Health & Movement in ECE (West Auckland)
Active movement has been recognised as a significant factor in children’s health and development. Te Whāriki’s Strand Mana aotūroa | Exploration is about helping infants, toddlers, and young children to explore the world around them. This implies that they are empowered to seek out interests, challenges in an active manner, to the extent of their individual abilities.
‘Education Outside the Classroom’ is a valuable opportunity to support children’s active movement. Centre processes are key to support children’s active learning and this workshop will explain relevant requirements through -
- Centre policies
- Activity Planning
- Risk Assessment.
This workshop provides a forum for kaiako to share and develop practical ways of developing children’s dispositions in relation to health and physical movement.
Please bring along your copy of Te Whāriki.
Facilitator: Katina Beauchamp
- 2 hour workshop
- Each workshop costs: $65+GST (ECC members), $75+GST (non members)
- The ECC reserves the right to cancel workshops a week prior to the scheduled date if there are insufficient registration number
- There will be a 10% administration fee for any cancellation
- No refunds with cancellations within 24 hours of workshop
- Parking: There is no free parking onsite. ECC does not take responsibility to provide parking for attendees. Please check google maps for parking nearby.
- The ECC may, on occasion, have to cancel or reschedule a workshop due to adverse weather, low registration numbers or other factors.
We will endeavour to provide as much advance notice of a change as is possible, but we cannot accept responsibility for staff time, backfilling positions, or travel associated expenses to/from the venue.
Your area not listed? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org now to discuss how we can get a workshop to you in your region.