ECE Teachers, Compliance and the Licensing Criteria (Wellington)
Graduating as a teacher is only the beginning… Provisionally and fully certificated teachers learn along the way that there is a whole system of bureaucracy to navigate, from registration and certification to complying with the Regulations, as well as the Licensing Criteria.
This workshop provides information specific to ECE teachers, in relation to registration, qualifications, and Ministry of Education regulations. Teachers will have the opportunity to discuss the structures they encounter, in particular the -
- Teaching Council Registration & Qualification Requirements
- Education (Early Childhood Services) Regulations 2008
- The Licensing Criteria
This workshop is of interest to all people working within ECE, particularly to those who wish to take on further responsibilities or have an interest in developing centre policies and procedures.
Please bring along a copy of the Licensing Criteria. Click HERE to download: http://www.education.govt.nz/assets/Documents/Early-Childhood/Licensing-criteria/ECE-Licensing-Booklet-Early-Childhood-Aug2018.pdf
Facilitator: Katina Beauchamp
- All workshops are half-day (four hours)
- Each workshop costs: $130+GST (ECC members), $150+GST (non members)
- The ECC reserves the right to cancel workshops a week prior to the scheduled date if there are insufficient registration number
- There will be a 10% administration fee for any cancellation
- No refunds with cancellations within 24 hours of workshop
- Parking: There is no free parking onsite. ECC does not take responsibility to provide parking for attendees. Please check google maps for parking nearby.
- No catering provided
- The ECC may, on occasion, have to cancel or reschedule a workshop due to adverse weather, low registration numbers or other factors.
We will endeavour to provide as much advance notice of a change as is possible, but we cannot accept responsibility for staff time, backfilling positions, or travel associated expenses to/from the venue.
Your area not listed? Contact email@example.com now to discuss how we can get a workshop to you in your region.