How to use Learning Stories for Assessment Workshop (Invercargill)
How to use Learning Stories for Assessment
Assessment in Early Childhood Education has more than one purpose, and teachers have more than one type of assessment to choose from, depending on what they concentrate on. However, as the revised curriculum, Te Whāriki, sets out, children’s learning is the core purpose. “Kaiako use assessment to find out about what children know and can do, what interests them, how they are progressing, what new learning opportunities are presented and where additional support may be required” (MoE, 2017).
Capturing children’s development and learning over time requires teachers’ attention and critical thinking and involves a range of methods. Learning Stories can assist teachers to make learning visible and is a valuable assessment method. Learning Stories can convey so much meaning and information as well as different perspectives.
This workshop will explain –
- The Purpose of Assessment
- Key Characteristics of good assessment
- How to write effective Learning Stories
- How to convey a variety of perspectives within the assessment
Workshop participants will have the opportunity to practise how to use different perspectives in writing Learning Stories and how to interweave Te Whāriki’s Principles and Strands.
Facilitator: Katina Beauchamp
- All workshops are half-day (four hours)
- Each workshop costs: $130+GST (ECC members), $150+GST (non members)
- The ECC reserves the right to cancel workshops a week prior to the scheduled date if there are insufficient registration number
- There will be a 10% administration fee for any cancellation
- No refunds with cancellations within 24 hours of workshop
- Parking: There is no free parking onsite. ECC does not take responsibility to provide parking for attendees. Please check google maps for parking nearby.
- The ECC may, on occasion, have to cancel or reschedule a workshop due to adverse weather, low registration numbers or other factors.
We will endeavour to provide as much advance notice of a change as is possible, but we cannot accept responsibility for staff time, backfilling positions, or travel associated expenses to/from the venue.
Your area not listed? Contact email@example.com now to discuss how we can get a workshop to you in your region.