Good Governance Workshop (Christchurch)
A great workshop for community-owned centre committees and management; learn what good governance is, the systems, policies and processes you need to have in place and how to ensure those with governance responsibilities and those with management responsibilities work effectively together. The workshop includes:
- What is governance?
- Governance versus management
- Maximising asset values
- Continuous improvement
- The role of the Board/Panel/Owner
- The role of the Centre Manager
- Understanding key strategic and risk issues
- Conflict of interest and ethics
- Managing risk
Facilitator: ECC CEO - Peter Reynolds
- All workshops are half-day (four hours)
- Each workshop costs: $130+GST (ECC members), $150+GST (non members)
- The ECC reserves the right to cancel workshops a week prior to the scheduled date if there are insufficient registration number
- There will be a 10% administration fee for any cancellation
- No refunds with cancellations within 24 hours of workshop
- Parking: There is no free parking onsite. ECC does not take responsibility to provide parking for attendees. Please check google maps for parking nearby.
- The ECC may, on occasion, have to cancel or reschedule a workshop due to adverse weather, low registration numbers or other factors.
We will endeavour to provide as much advance notice of a change as is possible, but we cannot accept responsibility for staff time, backfilling positions, or travel associated expenses to/from the venue.
Your area not listed? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org now to discuss how we can get a workshop to you in your region.