STEAM in ECE Workshop for Teachers (HASTINGS)
STEAM in ECE
Activities related to science, technology, engineering, the arts and mathematics provide teachers with excellent opportunities to engage children in hands-on learning.
This workshop will present learning concepts attached to each of the STEAM areas – with a focus on:
- hands-on, practical examples,
- child-centred activities
- creativity in daily life
This interactive workshop will give teachers the time to discuss and share ideas;
Teachers will be able to explore pathways for individual and classroom planning;
Teachers will have the opportunity to develop and explore assessment strategies, and help with understanding
- -assessment to learning
- -assessment for learning
- -assessment as learning
Facilitator: Katina Beauchamp
- All workshops are half-day (four hours)
- Each workshop costs: $130+GST (ECC members), $150+GST (non members)
- The ECC reserves the right to cancel workshops a week prior to the scheduled date if there are insufficient registration number
- There will be a 10% administration fee for any cancellation
- No refunds with cancellations within 24 hours of workshop
- Parking: There is no free parking onsite. ECC does not take responsibility to provide parking for attendees. Please check google maps for parking nearby.
- The ECC may, on occasion, have to cancel or reschedule a workshop due to adverse weather, low registration numbers or other factors.
We will endeavour to provide as much advance notice of a change as is possible, but we cannot accept responsibility for staff time, backfilling positions, or travel associated expenses to/from the venue.
Your area not listed? Contact email@example.com now to discuss how we can get a workshop to you in your region.