STEAM in ECE Workshop for Teachers (PALMERSTON NORTH)
STEAM in ECE
Activities related to science, technology, engineering, the arts and mathematics provide teachers with excellent opportunities to engage children in hands-on learning.
This workshop will present learning concepts attached to each of the STEAM areas – with a focus on:
- hands-on, practical examples,
- child-centred activities
- creativity in daily life
This interactive workshop will give teachers the time to discuss and share ideas;
Teachers will be able to explore pathways for individual and classroom planning;
Teachers will have the opportunity to develop and explore assessment strategies, and help with understanding
- -assessment to learning
- -assessment for learning
- -assessment as learning
Facilitator: Katina Beauchamp
- All workshops are half-day (four hours)
- Each workshop costs: $130+GST (ECC members), $150+GST (non members)
- The ECC reserves the right to cancel workshops a week prior to the scheduled date if there are insufficient registration number
- There will be a 10% administration fee for any cancellation
- No refunds with cancellations within 24 hours of workshop
- Parking: There is no free parking onsite. ECC does not take responsibility to provide parking for attendees. Please check google maps for parking nearby.
- The ECC may, on occasion, have to cancel or reschedule a workshop due to adverse weather, low registration numbers or other factors.
We will endeavour to provide as much advance notice of a change as is possible, but we cannot accept responsibility for staff time, backfilling positions, or travel associated expenses to/from the venue.
Your area not listed? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org now to discuss how we can get a workshop to you in your region.