Enhancing your cultural competency Workshop (NEWMARKET)
Enhancing your cultural competency
This workshop will support teachers to extend the depth and authenticity of their bicultural practice. It will explore the implications of Te Tiriti o Waitangi not only in terms of teachers’ professional practice but also in terms of curriculum provision for all tamariki. Building on the foundations of Te Tiriti o Waitangi teachers will be supported to understand what culturally responsive practice, for all learners, looks like. The workshop will explore the ideas of cultural locatedness and unconscious bias and identify ways teachers might be encouraged to think critically about the curriculum provision in terms of cultural competence.
This workshop will support you to:
- Examine your own cultural beliefs and values and to consider how these might impact on your teaching practice
- Examine how your centre practices might unintentionally privilege some groups of learners
- Share strategies to build your ability to work effectively with children of diverse cultural backgrounds in ways that reflect the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- All workshops are half-day (four hours)
- Each workshop costs: $130+GST (ECC members), $150+GST (non-members)
- The ECC and InspirED ECE reserves the right to cancel workshops a week prior to the scheduled date if there are insufficient registration number
- There will be a 10% administration fee for any cancellation
- No refunds with cancellations within 24 hours of workshop
- Parking is on the street “Pay by Plate” in surrounding streets
Your area not listed? Contact email@example.com now to discuss how we can get a workshop to you in your region.