Te Ara Poutama – Teachers and the Quality Indicators (Online Workshop)
Te Ara Poutama – Teachers and the Quality Indicators
Te Ara Poutama, the new way of measuring quality in ECE, has replaced He Pou Tātaki. How does this impact on teachers? This intensive 2-hour online workshop unpacks indicators, explains their purpose, and uses practice examples, helping to make relevant connections. During the workshop, teachers have the opportunity to discuss how their day-to-day work links to the indicators.
This online workshop:
- explains Ngā Ara Whai Hua, the new quality framework, and
- unpacks the indicators for the learning conditions, i.e. He Whariki Motuhake and Whakangungu Ngaio
- gives ECE teachers a very good overview of the intent and the impact of Te Ara Poutama.
Facilitator: Katina Beauchamp
About Katina Beauchamp
Katina is the Senior Policy Officer at the Early Childhood Council. She is a qualified ECE teacher with a Masters of Arts focusing on language barriers in ECE. Katina’s career includes a practicing teacher, head teacher for over nine years, research assistant, therapy assistant and has participated in school boards of trustees for a number of years.
- Online teacher workshops are not recorded, but presentation slides will be made available to registrants.
- Each workshop costs: $65+GST (ECC members), $95+GST (non members)
- Any cancellations made more than 24 hours in advance of the workshop will incur a 10% administration fee. Any cancellations made within 24 hours of the workshop will not be eligible for a refund.
- We will endeavour to provide as much advance notice of a change as is possible, but we cannot accept responsibility for staff time or backfilling positions