Child Protection in ECE (Online Workshop)
Child Protection in ECE
The Child Protection in ECE workshop is a 2 hour session, packed with information regarding legal requirements that are designed to ensure the safety and wellbeing of children.
The Children’s Act 2014 is a significant piece of legislation but it takes people who work with children to know what must be in place and what needs to be done. What are the key safety structures in the ECE context and what do teachers need to know? This workshop explains the protective system that needs to be in place and links it to teachers’ work and the learning environment.
Teachers will learn about:
- why child protection policies and procedures are instrumental,
- how to define abuse, and
- discuss practical steps to take in various situations.
Facilitator: Katina Beauchamp
About Katina Beauchamp
Katina is the Senior Policy Officer at the Early Childhood Council. She is a qualified ECE teacher with a Masters of Arts focusing on language barriers in ECE. Katina’s career includes a practicing teacher, head teacher for over nine years, research assistant, therapy assistant and has participated in school boards of trustees for a number of years.
- Online teacher workshops are not recorded, but presentation slides will be made available to registrants.
- Each workshop costs: $65+GST (ECC members), $95+GST (non members)
- Any cancellations made more than 24 hours in advance of the workshop will incur a 10% administration fee. Any cancellations made within 24 hours of the workshop will not be eligible for a refund.
- We will endeavour to provide as much advance notice of a change as is possible, but we cannot accept responsibility for staff time or backfilling positions