The NELP in Practice (Online Workshop)
The NELP in Practice
As at 1 January 2022, the National Education and Learning Priorities (NELP) have taken effect. As with most initiatives and programmes for the education sector, it is important that the teaching workforce is well informed about the relevance to their work and implementation. This online workshop is designed for ECE teachers to understand the
background and purpose of these priorities and how they relate to their daily teaching practice.
This 2-hour online workshop will -
- Provide a definition of NELP
- Show how the NELP Objectives and Actions align with Te Whāriki
- Suggest practical strategies for implementing and integrating NELP Objectives and Actions within ECE practice.
Workshop participants will have the opportunity to ask questions, practical suggestions and discussion of strategies during the workshop is encouraged.
For the purpose of discussion it is recommended to have access to the NELP statement: https://assets.education.govt.nz/public/Documents/NELP-TES-documents/FULL-NELP-2020.pdf
This workshop will not be recorded, however all registrants will receive a copy of the presentation slides.
Facilitator: Katina Beauchamp
About Katina Beauchamp
Katina is the Senior Policy Officer at the Early Childhood Council. She is a qualified ECE teacher with a Masters of Arts focusing on language barriers in ECE. Katina’s career includes a practicing teacher, head teacher for over nine years, research assistant, therapy assistant and has participated in school boards of trustees for a number of years.
- Online teacher workshops are not recorded, but presentation slides will be made available to registrants.
- Each workshop costs: $65+GST (ECC members), $95+GST (non members)
- Any cancellations made more than 24 hours in advance of the workshop will incur a 10% administration fee. Any cancellations made within 24 hours of the workshop will not be eligible for a refund.
- We will endeavour to provide as much advance notice of a change as is possible, but we cannot accept responsibility for staff time or backfilling positions