Language Diversity in ECE (Online Workshop)
Language Diversity in ECE
Observing children’s language development is an awesome aspect of teachers’ work in ECE. This development is even more incredible if the child adds another language to its home language. What can teachers do to support young children and their families on their bilingual or multilingual journey?
This 2-hour, interactive Zoom workshop discusses the makeup of language diversity in Aotearoa New Zealand, requirements and responsibilities as per regulations and shows the connections between language, culture and the Principles and Strands of Te Whāriki. It will suggest research-based and practical strategies for teachers to support language diversity in ECE.
Facilitator: Katina Beauchamp
- LINKS will be sent out the morning of the Workshop. Please check your spam or junk mail
- 2 hour online workshop
- Each workshop costs: $65+GST (ECC members), $75+GST (non members)
- Online Workshops are not recorded
- Presentation notes will be available
- There will be a 10% administration fee for any cancellation
- No refunds with cancellations within 24 hours of workshop
- We will endeavour to provide as much advance notice of a change as is possible, but we cannot accept responsibility for staff time or backfilling positions