Language Diversity in ECE (Online Workshop)
Language Diversity in ECE
Observing children’s language development is an awesome aspect of teachers’ work in ECE. This development is even more incredible if the child adds another language to its home language. What can teachers do to support young children and their families on their bilingual or multilingual journey?
This 2-hour, interactive Zoom workshop discusses the makeup of language diversity in Aotearoa New Zealand, requirements and responsibilities as per regulations and shows the connections between language, culture and the Principles and Strands of Te Whāriki. It will suggest research-based and practical strategies for teachers to support language diversity in ECE.
Facilitator: Katina Beauchamp
- All workshops are half-day (four hours)
- Each workshop costs: $130+GST (ECC members), $150+GST (non members)
- The ECC reserves the right to cancel workshops a week prior to the scheduled date if there are insufficient registration number
- There will be a 10% administration fee for any cancellation
- No catering provided
- No refunds with cancellations within 24 hours of workshop
- Parking: There is no free parking onsite. ECC does not take responsibility to provide parking for attendees. Please check google maps for parking nearby.
- The ECC may, on occasion, have to cancel or reschedule a workshop due to adverse weather, low registration numbers or other factors.
We will endeavour to provide as much advance notice of a change as is possible, but we cannot accept responsibility for staff time, backfilling positions, or travel associated expenses to/from the venue.
Your area not listed? Contact email@example.com now to discuss how we can get a workshop to you in your region.