Weaving with Confidence – ECE teachers and the Standards (North Auckland)
Weaving with Confidence – ECE teachers and the Standards
The Standards for the Teaching Profession, the Code, Tātaiako, Tapasā, and Te Whāriki are key documents for ECE teachers in Aotearoa New Zealand. Together they provide guidance, set requirements, and inform teachers’ daily practice. ECE teachers weave all the different strands together in an early childhood context.
The big question is: what does that look like in day-to-day practice?
Teachers have the opportunity to discuss how -
- the Teaching Council’s Standards, Tātaiako and Tapasā are reflected in ECE settings and daily practice;
- teachers’ individual practice is linked to Te Whāriki’s Principles, the Local Curriculum and the Professional Growth Cycle
This workshop provides a thorough overview and foundational background for early childhood professionals, suitable for the beginning teacher and for experienced teachers mentoring others.
Facilitator: Katina Beauchamp
- All workshops are half-day (four hours)
- Each workshop costs: $130+GST (ECC members), $150+GST (non members)
- The ECC reserves the right to cancel workshops a week prior to the scheduled date if there are insufficient registration number
- There will be a 10% administration fee for any cancellation
- No catering provided
- No refunds with cancellations within 24 hours of workshop
- Parking: There is no free parking onsite. ECC does not take responsibility to provide parking for attendees. Please check google maps for parking nearby.
- The ECC may, on occasion, have to cancel or reschedule a workshop due to adverse weather, low registration numbers or other factors.
We will endeavour to provide as much advance notice of a change as is possible, but we cannot accept responsibility for staff time, backfilling positions, or travel associated expenses to/from the venue.
Your area not listed? Contact email@example.com now to discuss how we can get a workshop to you in your region.