ECC Health & Safety Guideline
The ECC's Health & Safety Guideline is a comprehensive guideline for early childhood education centres on establishing and maintaining the appropriate health & safety standards. The guide is useful for both community-owned and private centres and includes template examples of 10 key policies and procedures for use in your centre.
The Guideline contains clear information on the below Acts; how these impact on your centre and what you need to do:
- Health and Safety at Work Act 2015
* What is Workplace Health & Safety?
* Education (Early Childhood Services) Regulations 2008
* Licensing Criteria for Early Childhood Education and Care Centres 2011
* Work Health and Safety Laws * Penalties * Who is covered?
* What You Need to know * What You Need to Do * Prevention
* Response * Frequently Asked Questions
* Case Studies * References
* Appendicles – example policies and procedures
- Vulnerable Children Act 2014
* Regulation references * Introduction * What does the Act introduce?
* Core and non-core workers *Child Protection Policy
* Safety checking * Children’s teams * Is that child OK?
* Useful Links * Appendicles – example policies
- Food Act 2014
* Background * Impact on ECE Centres
* National Programmes – what are they & what’s involved?
* Getting verified * What do I have to do? * Documents needed
* Timetable * Cost of registration and verification
* Other likely impacts * Issues raised with MPI * MPI Contact
Note to members: A variety of the individual contents of the ECC's Health & Safety Guideline, including a wide range of additional tools and templates, is available freely as individual policies via the "Support & Resources" section of this website.
This version of the ECC's Health & Safety Guideline is produced as a pdf file and will be emailed to the email address provided on purchase within 3-5 working days of payment.