FULLY BOOKED: Teaching with purpose (AUCKLAND)
Teaching with purpose in mind
Teachers attending this workshop will revisit the importance of observation, professional discussion and reflective thinking in order to make informed judgments so that they are able to better support and extend children’s learning.
The model of Notice, Recognise and Respond will be used as a basis for ensuring that teaching remains focused on improved outcomes for children. Discussion will challenge and encourage teachers to think deeply about children’s learning rather than defaulting to responding to what teachers observe children doing.
Facilitators: Bridgit Williams
This workshop will include:
- An exploration of how you view your role as a teacher
- Strategies for more effectively observing children in play in order to more accurately recognise learning
- Strategies for setting priorities for children’s learning and focusing on Te Whariki as a tool for identifying outcomes for learning
- Exploration of what meaningful teacher responses might be and how we can provide more authentic learning opportunities for children
- All workshops are half-day (four hours)
- Each workshop costs: $98+GST (ECC members), $130+GST (non-members)
- The ECC and InspirED reserves the right to cancel workshops a week prior to the scheduled date if there are insufficient registration number
- There will be a 10% administration fee for any cancellation
- No refunds with cancellations within 24 hours of workshop