The Blue Book Workshop: For your Registration and Professional Development Journey
A practical and hands-on approach with using the ECC 'The Blue Book' as a tool for implementing the Registered Teacher Criteria (RTC)
- A workshop designed for all status of registration provisional, full, subject to confirmation
- Utilising The Blue Book in relation to the NZ Teachers Council Registered Teacher Criteria and Guidelines for Induction and Mentoring and Mentor Teachers
- Emphasis on the value of being a 'reflective practitioner'
This 4 hour workshop focuses on the ECC 'The Blue Book' which was recently reviewed to compliment the Criteria. The Blue Book will be shown in various formats as to how the content can support the registration journey through to recognizing Professional Learning opportunities and using further in performance reviews/appraisal processes.
The workshop will include:
- How to use The Blue Book in conjunction with the RTC in a relaxed, formative environment
- Opportunities to network amongst ECE colleagues involved in Teacher Registration
- Time allowed for personal sharing of 'what you know about being a registered teacher'
- Acknowledgement and implementing of the NZ Teachers Council legislation: Code of Ethics, Registered Teacher Criteria and Mentor Guidelines
- The value of reflection and varied templates and approaches to being a 'reflective practitioner'
- The value of The Blue Book and the RTC in recognising personal Professional Learning/Development and Performance Review/appraisal objectives
- Gathering evidence for the RTC and linking through to The Blue Book
Please Note: Meals are not provided.
For more information click on the below download.
- All workshops are half-day (three to four hours)
- Each workshop costs: $98+GST (ECC members), $130+GST (non-members)
- Registrations are open until one week prior to each event
- The ECC reserves the right to cancel workshops a week prior to the scheduled date if there are insufficient registration number
More dates coming soon